Position: Program Assistant
Status: Non-exempt – Full Time
Location: 601 E. Fifth Street, Charlotte, NC
Under the direct supervision of the Program Director, the Program Assistant serves as
a support for the Program Director, including general administrative support, communication, and scheduling, enabling the Program Director to work most effectively with internal and external stakeholders and fulfill commitments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the team. Assist Program Director and Team in running more efficient and effective programming. Provides support to Supervisors and staff through a variety of tasks to be completed accurately, with high level of quality and in a timely manner. These tasks include, but are not limited to:
Assist the Program Director as required, to include, but not limited to the following administrative projects/tasks:
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Maintain Outlook Calendars, organizing and scheduling meetings and appointments
- Maintain contact information for team, partners, etc.
- Producing and distributing correspondence memos, letters, faxes, e-mails, faxes, and forms; handling internal and external communication, as needed
- Order office supplies/program incentives
- Assist Director in submission/reconciliation of bills/expense reports
- Act as liaison in absence of Program Director
- Organizing/set up meetings
- Participate in the Central Office Administrative Team, i.e., phone/front desk backup, attending meetings, ensure copiers are maintained, etc.
- Lead special projects as assigned
- Handle confidential information appropriately and following CIS Code of Conduct and State and Federal law.
- Take notes for Programming Department meetings (as assigned)
- Attend trainings and professional development opportunities as scheduled
- Set up interviews and create interview schedules followed by all required applications and forms for process and also complete final disposition for all candidates at the conclusion of interviewing process
- Order office supplies/program incentives
- Coordinate/concierge Director’s travel arrangements, as needed
Data Management/ Total Quality Standards:
- Develop and maintain filing system, to include hard copy and/or electronic/scanned document files
- Assist in data collection for various purposes
- Complete all scholarship reports, contacting students for updates, requesting transcripts, sending checks and letters and requesting checks for Scholarship Process
- Complete audits for End of Year (EOY) for CISDM 2.0 Audit staff’s central office notebooks, consent forms and profiles Compile and submit TQS documentation as required to maintain CIS National accreditation
- Communicate with partner agencies and participate in partnership meetings
- Develop draft communication on behalf of the Program Director and/or research information needed
- Develop and sustain positive working relationships with all stakeholders, including staff to ensure positive information and communication channels relevant to the smooth running of the business
- Assist in the communication and implementing all the rules and ethics of the organization
- Schedule and makes initial contacts with all job shadowing companies for potential shadowing opportunities
- Serve as a member of the assigned team
- Schedule and procure space for team meetings. Assist in developing the agenda ensuring that the meeting objectives are realistic, that preparation is appropriate, and that the Program Director well-prepared
- Attend meetings, compose communiques capturing major take a- ways, and distribute to team members
- Assist with team wide programming and educational field trips. Schedule all team transportation requests
- Submit web invoice requests in HRIS for staff needs and check requests/reimbursements
- Perform site observations as it relates to large programming events
- Assist team with car/bus rentals; coordinate program transportation to ensure safety of participants and within the CIS/CMS guidelines
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload. Other duties may be assigned by Programming Leadership as required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to handle, feel and keyboard; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, or bend. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
· High School Diploma required, Associate’s Degree in Office Administration, Office Systems Technology or related field preferred.
· One year successful experience in a support position and/or educational equivalency
· Strong office skills that include rapid keyboarding skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to produce accurate letters and reports
· Must be proficient using Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Publisher, as well as Google applications.
· Must have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
· High-level skill in organization and planning skills with the ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines
· Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills
The position is located within the Charlotte Mecklenburg area. Regular and satisfactory attendance and punctuality are required.
Criminal background and a driving record check required.
Starting Salary: $17.00/Hr
Contact Information: Please submit a cover letter and resume to CISHR@CISCharlotte.org no later than March 29, 2018.