How You Can Help
For many of our Communities In Schools students, having essential tools and resources to be successful in school and being exposed to cultural and other learning opportunities that broaden dreams would not be possible without CIS. Your gift of goods and services goes a long way towards helping us provide a comprehensive programming model that enriches students and empowers them to stay in school and achieve in life.
Items needed range from personal hygiene products, new clothing and school uniforms to opportunities for job shadowing, career exploration, and enrichment via tickets to cultural events, museums or athletic venues for use as incentives and recognition.
List of needed items and services
Ways to Give In-kind
- Help stock a CIS elementary school uniform closet with boys and girls new uniforms
- School supplies, particularly in August and September
- Outerwear during winter months: Coats, sweaters, hats, gloves
- Personal hygiene products
- New tennis shoes or other athletic wear
- Recreational items: art supplies, sports equipment
- Educational software, CDs, flash drives
- New books
- Developmental toys for infants
- Tickets to cultural, community and/or athletic events
The minimum lifetime social costs to taxpayers for ONE high school dropout is $260,000.
(lost tax revenue, welfare, public health, etc.)