Volunteer and Community Engagement Associate
Written by CIS Charlotte
Position Available: Volunteer and Community Engagement Assoc.
Department/Location: Development/Central Office
Job Status: Non-Exempt / Full Time
Primary Function: Responsible for creating volunteer opportunities which support the needs of CIS students and leverages effectively the time and resources of individual, community and corporate groups. The Associate recruits, places, coordinates, manages and provides continuous cultivation of volunteers by working with other development team members and program staff. The Associate will retain and prospect volunteers through partnerships with corporations, civic groups, communities of faith, local colleges and universities, and other local organizations. The Associate is also responsible for cultivating other individual volunteers and volunteer groups in the community through the agency website, speaking engagements, United Way, Chamber, corporate fairs, and other opportunities.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
• Oversee recruitment, application process, orientation, on-boarding and other continuing education training, support and retention and recognition of all CIS volunteers and the CIS Internship Program.
• Regularly assess internal policies, procedures, tools, and other resources for volunteer recruitment, staff and volunteer training, data management, communication and support, volunteer-student matching, volunteer program evaluation, and recognition.
• Identify, participate in and evaluate the effectiveness of various recruitment efforts, including representation at Volunteer/Community Fairs, postings on volunteer recruitment websites, and attendance at service initiative committee meetings in the community.
• Manage the volunteer pre-screening process, including volunteer interviews, background checks, and reference checks for those who may interact directly with children, working with CMS as needed and notifying program staff when volunteers have been approved.
• Coordinate with CIS Programming Staff to assess needs for volunteers for each school site and/or program and tailor recruitment activities and volunteer placement to match the program/school needs to the interests, skills, schedules, and location of individual volunteers.
• Maintain and build relationships with all CIS Site and Program Coordinators, CMS Office of Strategic Partnerships, CMS school site staff ,where appropriate, as well as the volunteer coordinators of corporate/civic/college organizations.
• Provide and monitor accurate information for Volunteer Database maintained in Raiser’s Edge
• Work with Director to develop and generate periodic reports of volunteer activity for site staff, board meetings, and any grants requesting this information.
• Provide input and monitor expenditures for volunteer training and appreciation budget.
• Provide ongoing updates to Public Relations/Marketing Director for print and digital media, such as the CIS Website, CIS print and email newsletters, Facebook page, and Twitter to support volunteers and assist with growing the CIS community network and donor base.
• Represent CIS on community volunteer and mentoring platforms.
• Assist Advancement Team with developing and launching a young professionals group.
• Serve as CIS liaison for established partner collaborations such as tutoring programs, SHARE Charlotte, etc.
• Accountability for process, documentation in Raiser’s Edge, acknowledgement and execution of in-kind donations of goods and services.
• Cultivate new in-kind donors and steward existing relationships.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in public administration, social services, psychology or education;
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and a proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships while fostering a spirit of collaboration with internal colleagues and external volunteers and partners; must be able to lead training sessions and represent CIS in community or other public forms;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to write/edit reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals;
• Independent worker with strong project management skills;
• Familiarity with local community and volunteer resources; and
• Experience working with Microsoft Office; Raiser’s Edge software experience a plus.
Last Updated: Tuesday, 21 February 2017 15:06
"Bid for Kids" Online Auction
Written by CIS Charlotte
Lowcountry on the Green "Bid for Kids" Online Auction
Only 4 items remain from our Lowcountry on the Green “Bid For Kids” Silent Auction. Here’s another chance to get that special gift for a loved one - and help give our students the resources they need to be successful in school!
- 16 Tickets in the suite of the Charlotte Regional Visitors Authority (CRVA) for one (1) night to a Charlotte Checkers Game (or Charlotte Bobcats if available) – VALUE $2,560
Enjoy a night in the suite of the CRVA at a Charlotte Checkers, member of the American Hockey League, game (or if available Bobcats) during the 2011-2012 season. Go Checkers!
- 4 Platinum or Gold Level Vouchers – Lake Erie Monsters at Charlotte Checkers December 04, 2011 – VALUE $120
Be a part of the action on the ice as the Charlotte Checkers take on the Lake Erie Monsters. December 4 is Teddy Bear Toss Night. Please bring a new, wrapped Teddy Bear to the game and throw it on the ice following the Checkers first goal. Teddy Bears will be collected and delivered by players to the Presbyterian Hemby Children’s Hospital during the holidays. Go Checkers!
- 4 Tickets - Panthers v. Vikings – October 30 VALUE – $192
See new head coach RON RIVERA and quarterback CAM NEWTON with the Carolina Panthers on Sunday, October 30 when the Panthers take on the Minnesota Vikings. GO PANTHERS!
- Autographed Copy of Pat Conroy’s South of Broad – VALUE $29.95
Park Road Books donated an autographed copy of Pat Conroy’s South of Broad. Conroy fans will be thrilled with this latest book. This book has been heralded by some as a tribute to the southern charms of Charleston, S.C.. The novel tells the story of a diverse group of hometown friends, alternating between 1969 and 1989 periods of their lives.
Special Thanks again to our Lowcountry on the Green Sponsors
Last Updated: Wednesday, 07 December 2016 04:10