Partners for Success
Communities In Schools connects students and families to the relationships and resources they need to be successful through a low-cost, comprehensive delivery system. Initially launched in 2009 with support form Social Venture Partners Charlotte, our "Partners for Success" initiative helps meet the needs of students while also providing partner organizations an opportunity to support CIS, be involved in the schools, and have a significant impact on the community.The Partners for Success program seeks companies, civic, and faith-based organizations that can provide individuals or groups of volunteers, donations and in-kind resources, and/or finanical support.
Partners for Success (companies/faith-based groups/organizations) are needed to:
- “Adopt” a school program and/or sponsor a student event.
- Encourage employees/group members to volunteer as a Mentor/School Buddy, Academic Coach, School Aide, Career Coach, or Event Specialist.
- Provide “job shadowing” and internship experiences for students.
- Volunteer as or sponsor a motivational or career guest speaker.
- Facilitate a campus beautification project.
- Sponsor a school supplies or school uniforms drive.